Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jimmy Blue gets email too, believe it or not

I know I know, how could I possibly compete with PZ on this one? Well I don't hope to, but this email did tickle me.

One word before I continue - if you email my gmail account I may take a while to reply because I keep forgetting to check it - it isn't because I don't like you, it's because I have a memory like a sieve and the attention span of a 2 year old at times. So bear with me and I will one day discover I've been an ignorant arse and I'll get around to responding to you. Unless I don't like you.


Anyway, when I got around to checking my gmail account today I found this waiting for me from Journey Within:


Hi..
I found your blog,,or I hope its yours, with this address..
Do you have a facebook acct?
I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your info...
Blessings..


Enhance Your Life With Alternative Therapies
Journey Within * 513 Second Street * Portsmouth, OH 45662
http://www.yourjourneywithin.com

I'm fairly sure that the sender didn't really read the blog, but I could be mistaken.

Journey Within is apparently "More than just a metaphysical shop...", they offer "many unique gifts and services including Psychic readings, Reiki, EFT, Ionic Foot Detox, Mediumship sessions and Reflexology." In other words, its a home for cranks, quacks, woos and the gullible or scientifically illiterate and uncritical. So I'm not really sure how exactly they can find my info enjoyable, unless they know the stuff they are pedalling is bullshit and they are lying about it. Or lying to me. Either way they are liars, not a good first impression.

Unfortunately I can't find on their website what exactly they mean by "Ionic Foot Detox" but from the picture it looks like it has something to do with putting your feet in a bucket of watery cow shit, so I think I'll pass.

Their list of services is nothing more than the usual shite you see woos peddling: acupuncture that can cure everything, talking to the dead, psychic readings and healing by touch.

It's all bullshit, it's all been debunked many times before and I am at a loss as to why these people would think I would react favourably to them. If you want to marvel at the fact that people really do buy any old shit, go look at their webpage. If you have something more important to do, like extracting your own toenails, don't waste your time.

Same shit, different website. Did amuse me for a short period though.

No comments:

Post a Comment